Are you curious to know what is ladies quota in IRCTC? You have come to the right place as I am going to tell you everything about ladies quota in IRCTC in a very simple explanation. Without further discussion let’s begin to know what is ladies quota in IRCTC?
What Is Ladies Quota In IRCTC?
The Indian Railways is renowned for its extensive railway network, connecting cities, towns, and villages across the country. To make train travel more accessible and convenient for passengers, the Indian Railways offers various reservation quotas. Among these, the “Ladies Quota” stands out as a special provision designed to cater to the needs of female travelers. In this blog, we will delve into what the Ladies Quota in IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) is, its significance, and how it benefits women passengers.
Understanding The Ladies Quota
The Ladies Quota is a unique reservation provision offered by the Indian Railways, specifically for female passengers. It is applicable to all classes of travel, including sleeper, AC, and chair car, depending on the train’s configuration. This quota is intended to ensure the safety, comfort, and convenience of women travelers, particularly those traveling alone or in groups.
Key Features Of The Ladies Quota:
- Exclusive Berths/Seats: Within each coach, a certain number of berths or seats are reserved exclusively for female passengers. These berths/seats are in addition to the regular allotment for women passengers.
- Priority for Women: Female passengers can book tickets under the Ladies Quota either when making an online reservation through the IRCTC portal or at the railway reservation counters. The Ladies Quota is separate from other quotas like the General Quota or the Tatkal Quota.
- Safety and Comfort: The Ladies Quota aims to create a safe and comfortable environment for women travelers. It is especially valuable for those who may be traveling long distances or during odd hours.
- Group Booking: The Ladies Quota can be beneficial for women traveling in groups as it allows them to secure berths or seats in proximity, enhancing their travel experience.
- Empowering Women: By offering a dedicated quota, the Indian Railways empowers women to travel independently and with peace of mind.
How To Book Tickets Under The Ladies Quota:
Online Booking (IRCTC):
When booking tickets online through the IRCTC portal, female passengers can simply select the “Ladies Quota” option during the reservation process. The available berths or seats under this quota will be displayed for booking.
At railway reservation counters, female passengers can request booking under the Ladies Quota. The reservation clerk will allocate berths or seats from this quota.
Significance Of The Ladies Quota
- Enhanced Safety: The Ladies Quota plays a crucial role in ensuring the safety of female travelers, particularly during overnight journeys.
- Facilitating Solo Travel: It encourages and facilitates solo travel by women, empowering them to explore new destinations independently.
- Group Travel: Female passengers traveling in groups, such as families or friends, can conveniently secure berths or seats in the same coach through this quota.
- Accessibility: The Ladies Quota makes it easier for women to secure reservations, even during peak travel seasons or on popular train routes.
The Ladies Quota in IRCTC is a valuable provision that reflects the Indian Railways’ commitment to the safety and comfort of female travelers. It acknowledges the diverse travel needs of women, whether they are embarking on solo adventures, traveling with friends, or simply seeking a secure and comfortable journey. As train travel continues to be a popular mode of transportation in India, the Ladies Quota stands as a testament to the railways’ efforts to ensure that every passenger has a safe and enjoyable travel experience.
Who Are Eligible For Ladies Quota In Trains?
Ladies Quota is the one under which only ladies travelling alone or with a child less than 12 years of age are eligible to book. In some trains, a total number of 6 berths are earmarked under ladies quota in Sleeper Class (SL) and Second Seating Class (2S) for ladies irrespective of age.
Can Men Travel In Ladies Quota?
First of all, the IRCTC website will not allow you to book under ladies quota once you enter your gender as male. However, if you use a fake gender and book one, you will be penalized in the same way as a ticket-less traveler is. The more distance you cover, the more will be your fine.
Do All Trains Have Ladies Quota?
This quota is available in all trains but total number of the quota is only 6 per train. It is available only in sleeper class. There can be more than 6 berths under ladies quota for a train.
What Is The Rules Of Ladies Quota?
Ladies Quota (LD)
This quota is reserved for female passengers traveling alone or with a child younger than 12 years of age. In some trains, six berths are designated for female passengers in Second Seating (2S) and Sleeper Class (SC). There are no additional charges besides that.
I Have Covered All The Following Queries And Topics In The Above Article
What Is Ladies Quota In IRCTC
What Is Meant By Ladies Quota In IRCTC
What Is Ladies Quota In IRCTC Ticket Booking
What Is Ladies Quota In IRCTC Booking
What Is Means By Ladies Quota In IRCTC
What Is General And Ladies Quota In IRCTC
What Is Ladies Quota In IRCTC