4 Steps for Finding TikTok InfluencersFebruary 2, 2022
Do you want to find TikiTok influencers for influencer marketing campaigns? TikTok is very popular and the most downloaded app in 2021, so it’s a good idea to move into that arena with your influencer marketing strategy. TikTok also allows you to connect particularly well with younger people, if that’s your target audience.
But, how do you start an influencer campaign on TikTok? Let’s look at 4 steps to finding the right influencers to get your campaign’s wheels in motion.
Step 1 – Define your campaign
First, plan your campaign. Begin by setting a goal, and thinking about what you would like to gain from working with influencers.
These are some of the common goals for influencer marketing campaigns:
- Brand awareness
- Increased sales
- Creation of content
- More followers on social media
- Increased engagement
In addition to your goal, identify your target audience. Do market research if you don’t have the data already, and think about the demographics of the people you want to reach. Next, double-check that TikTok connects to you with your target. If you don’t see your target audience on TikTok, then you might need to look at a different network.
Next, discuss the practicalities of your campaign like the timeline, budget, and other details. How much money are you willing to spend on influencer compensation? This will directly impact the type of influencers that you can afford to collaborate with.
Step 2 – Choose the content type to be used
TikTok, a platform for video content, is what you need. With influencers, there are many things you can do with videos. These are just some of the collaborations that influencers can have with brands.
- Giveaways – Partner with influencers to give away free products to your/their followers
- Takeovers – Let influencers post directly on your channel for a certain period
- Unboxing – Send your products to influential people and have them film what they think while opening it
- Tutorials – Ask influencers to show how they use your product. (Remember TikTok videos only last for max 3 minutes)
- Educational content – Get influencers talking about historical and sensitive topics that you are interested in touching on for your brand
- Lives – Influencers can answer questions from the public about your products, and even take them behind closed doors at an event.
Campaign content success is greatly affected by how influencers react to your product. If they’re doing an unboxing for instance, influencers should be excited to open your product. Or, when live streaming about your brand, they should be enthusiastic about it.
Therefore, it’s crucial to find the right person to promote your brand, which brings us to the next step.
Step 3 – Find TikTok Influencers who are right for your brand
It is important to know where you can find influential people. There are many ways to find influential people, but we recommend that you use an influencer platform. This software is less expensive than hiring an agent and also works better than searching TikTok.
The influencer levels
Understand the different tiers of influencers. This affects the price of influencers’ services, though it can also be affected based on engagement rate and country.
Influencers can be organized into the following tiers:
- Nano influencers, 1-5K followers
- Micro influencers, 5-50K followers
- Medium influencers, 50-100K followers
- Macro influencers, 100K-1M followers
- Mega influencers, 1M+ followers
- No followers threshold for key opinion leaders
The last tier is a bit different. A KOL can be described as a super influencer. They may be active on social networks, but they also have other channels (like television or newspapers), where they can voice and share their opinions. They’re not restricted to following any particular social media account.
KOLs tend to be more common in certain industries, such as healthcare, finance or business. While they can make a big impact on your brand’s image, it can be difficult for you to reach out and close a deal together.
Consider micro and nano influencers for those with a tight budget. They are often the most cost-effective option, as well as having the highest engagement rates. Their followers are very interested in their content, and they trust their opinions.
How to analyze performance-driven indicators
Marketers should continue to be cautious about the possibility of influencer fraud. You can do this by analyzing all profiles of potential collaborators.
Here are some signs that influencer fraud could be detected:
- Uneven and spiky audience growth could show bought fans
- Very low engagement indicates that the audience doesn’t care, and at worst, they are fake followers
- Unusually high engagement could be because the influencer bought fake interactions like fake likes or fake comments
How to find out if an Influencer aligns with you brand
It is not enough to analyze the performance of an influencer. You also need to assess their content and personality. Followers shouldn’t be guessing at the connection between your brand and an influencer. You want the collaboration to be authentic.
Think about questions like:
- Do they have content that is compatible with what your brand does?
- Does the content meet your quality standards?
- Does their style match your brand?
- Does your influencer live up to the brand’s values and principles?
- Do you think their voice is capable of spreading the message about your brand?
The key to successful collaborations with influencers is authenticity. TikTok boasts millions of influencers, make sure you find the one that best fits your brand.
Step 4: Reach out and negotiate
When you find influencers who have good performance and align with your brand, reach out to them to ask if you can collaborate. If you have their email address, you can email them. If you don’t have the email address, you can contact them on TikTok. One way to get influencer email addresses is with an influencer discovery platform.
If the influencer shows interest, explain what idea you have for the collaboration and negotiate the terms. Discuss how much your brand is willing to pay and what content the influencer will give you in return.
Also, make sure to review the publication guidelines for your campaign. What hashtags do you want the influencers to use in their content? Perhaps you would like them to emphasize particular aspects of the product. Also, don’t forget about publication deadlines.
The final step is to decide whether you need a contract. If you’re only offering influencers free products, a contract isn’t required unless the product has great value. If you are paying influencers money, a contract will be necessary. An influencer contract template is available for you to modify and use in your collaboration.
TikTok is a great platform for creating influencer marketing campaigns. But you need to do some research before you begin looking for influencers, and you will need to put effort into the process of discovering influencers. But if you have a clear idea of how to find influencers, and what to do once you have found them, you will be on your way to a successful collaboration.