Do Men Need Hair Conditioners Too?February 2, 2022
Have you thought that hair conditioners are meant only for women? Many men assume that products like hair condition are only meant for people with long hair. We live in times where we come across so many external pollutants and toxic agents in our day-to-day life. We encounter the harmful rays of the sun and pollution every day. Therefore, it is not enough for men to just shampoo the hair and take no further care of it.
While styling can make your hair look exactly the way you want, it also causes heat damage. Hair also gets damaged by combing, pollution, and exposure to the harmful rays from the sun. Hence, the hair becomes dull and seems lifeless.
Apart from cleansing the hair from sweat, oil, and dirt, it is significant to keep the hair nourished and hydrated. Hair conditioner is essential to keep the hair healthy and moisturized. It also helps in reducing hair fall, making your hair voluminous and in adding shine to your hair.
Hair conditioner for men is classified into three different categories. They are:
Leave-in conditioners– These conditioners are available mostly in spray bottles as it has to be applied to wet hair after shampooing. It is called a leave-in conditioner as you don’t have to rinse it after applying but leave it in until the next wash. It is very helpful for men who have long hair as it enables you to detangle the hair easily.
Rinse-out conditioners– These are used after cleansing the hair with shampoo. These conditioners are applied to the wet hair and then have to be rinsed with water. These are most commonly used for moisturizing the hair.
Deep conditioners– Deep conditioning the hair keeps it healthy and nourished. In this treatment, you have to apply the conditioner for 20 minutes before rinsing it with cold water. This should be done to colour treated hair as they are prone to damage with the use of certain chemicals.
These conditioning methods are helpful to add volume to your hair. You can do this at home or in the salon. However, it is advisable to stay home in the current situation and pamper you with easy, salon-like hair care treatments with professional hair care products.
Read also:- 10 Most Educated Hollywood Celebrities Who Can Impress You With Their Qualification
To give yourself a professional hair nourishing treatment, follow the given steps:
- Massage your hair with warm oil for a soothing experience. This helps control anxiety and stress, which leads to hair fall. It also nourishes the scalp and prevents scalp issues like dandruff.
- Begin by taking a warm bath to open up your pores to allow for better cleansing. Use a good quality shampoo to cleanse your hair of harmful ages.
- Subsequently, towel dry your hair and remove excess water until you are left with damp hair. Apply a small amount of hair conditioner to the ends of your hair and leave it in for two minutes. Rinse out the conditioner once again.
- To deep condition hair, take a generous amount of deep conditioning hair mask and apply it evenly through the length of your hair. Leave the hair mask in for 20 minutes up to an hour for the best results.
- Rinse out the hair mask and apply hair serum for soft and silky hair. Style as usual.
- For best results, it is recommended you deep condition your hair once every two weeks with the best quality conditioners for healthy, nourished, and silky hair.
Read also:- Importance of Break-Even Analysis in Business Decisions
As we sign off, we hope these hair hacks come in handy to you!